Welcome to the Rheophysics of Soft Matter group at WIUCAS!
Simulation and experiment for soft matter systems
We study the mechanical properties of functional soft materials using computer simulation. Our research focuses on the rheology of complex fluids. We develop simulations to capture mesoscale dynamics and microstructures in out-of-equilibrium conditions, such as flowing soft-matter or biological systems. One of our goals is to bring insights from soft matter physics to biomaterials sciences and living phenomena. We are also interested in investigating colloidal phenomena for medical applications.
- 2022.8 - Our odd viscosity paper accepted
Z. Zhao, M. Yang, S. Komura, R. Seto, Odd Viscosity in Chiral Passive Suspensions, Front. Phys., 2022.(arXiv:2205.11881)
- 2022.3 - Review paper published in Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics:
C. Ness, R. Seto, R. Mari, The physics of dense suspensions, Annu. Rev. Condens. Matter Phys., 13(1):97–117.
- 2022.1 Dynamic Zero-COVID Strategy in China, Kagaku (Iwanami Shoten, Publishers)
- 2021.12 New paper with Zhiyuan (open access)
- 2021.12 NSFC-RFIS grant
- 2021.9 New paper with Giulio: G. G. Giusteri, R. Seto, Shear jamming and fragility of suspensions in a continuum model with elastic constraints, Phys. Rev. Lett., 127:138001, 2021.
- 2021.5 BCAM visiting fellow for May–June 2021.
subscribe via RSS